This is one of my favourite soup recipes of all time! It’s so delicious!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 stalks of curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- large bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- 4 shallots peeled and finely sliced
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 700ml vegetable stock preferably organic
- 410g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 100g baby spinach washed
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot and fry the garlic, ginger and chilli for one minute or until lightly golden. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric, coriander (keep a little for a garnish) and shallots and fry for a further five minutes until softened.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks and add to the pan with the coconut milk, stock and chickpeas. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the baby spinach and cook for around 5 minutes then roughly blitz with a hand blender so it’s still a little chunky.
- Season and serve with a squeeze of lime juice and the reserved coriander leaves.
[gumroad id=”VDOdf” type=”embed”]